GM canola was grown in Australia for the first time in 2008. GM and non-GM canola were separated in 2009 but this adds extra costs and difficulties for farmers and suppliers. GM and non-GM canola were mixed after harvest in November 2009. Ring supermarkets and food companies to ask that they only use non-GM canola in their homebrands and in the products they stock.
- Safeway/Woolworths. Phone 1300 767969 Website, Contact form.
- Foodland in SA recently rejected the use of GM in its products Phone : +61 8 8351 9233 Fax : +61 8 8351 9235 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IGA Phone 1300 135690 Website, Contact form.
- Coles Phone 1800 061 562 Website, Contact form.
- Aldi Customer Enquiry numbers : Victoria : 03-83693000 NSW : 02-9675 9000
Get food manufacturers to keep canola GM free
Goodman Fielder and Unilever are two of Australia's biggest food companies and buy much of the canola grown in Australia. Please ask them to use only GM free canola.