The easiest way to lessen your exposure to GM, additives and pesticides is to:
- Avoid processed food
- Fruit and vegetables grown in Australia are GM-Free
- All crops grown in Australia (except canola and cotton) are GM-Free
- Buy certified organic food. This included dairy, poultry, eggs, meat,fish and honey because animals in organic farming are not fed GM grains.
- Find products already labelled GM-Free
- Buy from shops and stalls where you can ask if they use GM-Free feed and ingredients
- Support local farmers who grow food without harmful pesticides and herbicides and care about how animals are raised.
- Grow your own food, join a Community Supported Agriculture scheme, get your kids school to start a kitchen garden, swap fruit and veggies with neighbours – see the Cool Food section for more enticing ideas and links